Sunday, June 15, 2008

PC Show Weekend

Hubby and I went to the PC Show on Saturday where Hubby bought me my birthday present in advance - a laptop! :o)

My old laptop was sorta dying on me and I was a little disturbed cos I din want it to totally die before I had the chance to transfer all my files out, especially my photos. The rest of the stuff can either be recreated or is negligible. But photos are things that capture memories for that time in space and I really treasure them and do not wanna lose them. Moreover, I haven't had the time to go develop all of them. So if I lose them, then I only can scan back those that I have developed. Which is a big project in and of itself and one task that I would really loath to undertake.

So Hubby and I went from booth to booth to check out the products and compare prices and what the different booths are willing to value-add into our purchase. Since we also planned to get an external hard disk and a printer, we basically asked them if they are willing to include either or both of these items into the deal. But of cos, some of them are willing to include a printer and none of them included both; which we also knew was too much to ask for. But we tried, nonetheless.

In the end, we decided on a Toshiba laptop from Harvey Norman. They had a bundle deal which includes either a printer, a camera, free broadband for 6 months, or a Office or Home Suite programme.

Hubby and I checked out the prices of the printer and the programme and decided to get the programme instead, since it's more expensive. We separately bought the printer and got a 8GB thumbdrive instead of a hard disk.

Chum and Belle went to the PC show as well cos Chum wanted to get a new digital cam. So we had lunch with the both of them and after buying Hubby's shoes for the photoshoot next week, we went home and started playing with our new toys before Hubby's frens came over for a night long of mahjong. Dunno what time they finished cos I fell asleep while it was Hubby's turn to play (we took turns to play as there were too may 'legs'). I guess it might have finished at about 5am or thereabouts. When Hubby roused me to sleep on the bed, I really couldn't be bothered to check what time it was.

Woke up at about 2pm and stayed by the window to do a bit of 'suntanning'. The sun was really strong and I wanted to remove the tan lines I had from our previous trip to Sentosa so that it wouldn't be visible when we take our wedding photos on Thursday. I met with little success, cos the lines are still there, although they are not in as sharp a contrast now.

Had a slow and lazy day and went for a light supper with Hubby. That, more or less, was my weekend. Am so looking forward to next week cos I only need to work 2 days and we're taking our photos on Thursday. Excited!

No comments: