Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Damn Those Shingles

It started on Saturday. I was happily playing MJ (my first session after an abstinence for Lent and Easter) when I noticed that I was scratching the same particular spot on my body. So before I showered, I took a look and saw that I developed some rashes. Thinking that it's just normal rashes due to, perhaps, dust or other impurities, I didn't take it too seriously and applied some cream I got from the doc the last time I developed eczema.
Then yesterday, I noticed that I felt more uncomfortable and that the rashes have spread further (from the front to the back of my body). And of all days, Hubby had to work late yesterday (not that I blame him cos it's not his fault; it's just so coincidental) and by evening, I was in pain. I hate to be alone when I'm not well and the pain was really getting to me. As we prepared for bed and he applied some powder on the rashes, I broke into tears. It was making me so uncomfortable and cos it covers one side of my body, I can only sleep on the other unaffected side and that caused me to have body aches.

By the time I woke up this morning, my back was screaming for attention and the pain on my rashes intensified. No matter what position I was sitting or lying in, I couldn't find relief. Hubby took half the day off to bring me to the doc but the GP downstairs diagnosed shingles but didn't dare to treat me cos I'm pregnant and advised us to get to the gynae asap. So we rushed down to the gynae's (he was leaving the clinic for the hospital) and took some prescription. Since the next check-up is on Saturday, we brought that forward and did the scan today.
To side-track a little from the shingles, during the scan, the gynae tried to ascertain the gender of the baby again and didn't see anything in between the legs. Uh-oh! Could it be that it was really the fingers we saw the other time?! Then he tried again and there we have it: the penis! In all the excitement about seeing the penis after a false alarm, the gynae forgot to print a sonnogram for me and I also didn't realise that we didn't get one until we left the clinic. Guess we'll have to wait till the next check-up then.
Back to the shingles. For the unfortunate contracting of the damn shingles, hubby had to pay more than a hundred bucks for 1 week's medication. This has gotta be the most expensive medicine I have taken for my entire life and I dun even know how the hell I got it.
I hope the baby is fine and that he's not affected. That's my greatest concern now.

2 comments:

Vee said...

yoz.. i tik baby don enjoy mahjong la... anyway, take care hor.. update me on the sex of the baby k... can't wait to see yr little one.. please continue to pray for me hor...

God bless you.

Just Me said...

No lah! Nonsense...I'm gonna teach him to play mahjong as soon as he can understand. haha...

It's a boy. Unless the baby was trying to be cheeky and what we saw was actually the fingers and not the penis.

Will continue to pray for you. Dun lose hope k...