A lot of mothers or parents will jump with joy at the words "me time". They can finally get out of their children's grasp and do something for and by themselves.
It's Thursday. It's daddy-bring-the-kids-to-school day while I stay at home and do whatever it is I wanna do, by myself. Just me. No noise, no distractions, no manhandling. At least for that 2 hours in the morning before I leave to fetch the boys from school. The house is noisy with silence, the air still, the toys ignored and unmoving, staying in the clutter that their owners left them in just a while ago. I should be singing. But I'm not. I do need the time alone. But I still can't let go of my babies. I felt my heart squeeze as I see the trio walk away to get a taxi to go to school. The boys waving goodbye as the man struggled with them and the bags. They've been gone for less than 10 minutes, and I miss them already. Will Dallen be ok? Will Dayen cry? Sigh.... The pangs of a mother who can't let go. But how can I? My babies have never left me!
Ok, Yvonne, get a grip and go do your running.


No comments:
Post a Comment