The past few days saw hubs and I preparing for the move, at least where food is concerned. I think we have covered most of the food that we think we'll miss and in the process, gained a lot of weight. Anyway, to hell with that. I'll lose those weight when I settle in Jogja. Went to the Indonesian embassy yesterday hoping to get the visa done. But we went at the wrong timing and only managed to get some forms back to fill in before going down again on thur and hopefully, get the process going.
The hubs went back to work today and I settled back into the daily routine that I was growing bored of. Just as I was doodling on the lappie, the hubs checked with me on the passport as well as departure flight details. That's when reality hit closer to home as I realise things are really going into full swing. So now he tells me we'll be staying in a hotel (instead of the hostel) for a while in the beginning while we look for a place to stay permanently. While that is a welcome change (as opposed to staying in the hostel), I also felt a momentary and fleeting sense of panic. What am I to do in a room that small? The baby will have no space to move about and I will only have, maybe, a book and my lappie for company. Most of our stuff will probably be held up somewhere before we find a place and have someone help us ship them over. In the meantime, what the heck am I supposed to do? The last thing I want is for the baby to grow restless while we're stuck in a room with nothing to entertain him with. I can't and dun wanna venture out on my own while hubs is having his lessons. Which means................I have to entertain a grouchy baby! Oh man! It's bad enough I have to keep myself entertained. The baby too?! What the heck am I supposed to do with him? But the thought left as suddenly as it came. I have sorta resigned myself to the fact that things will be very bumpy in the beginning. I still thank God that I love to read. The only questions remains if the baby will allow me to settle with a good book and pass time by.
No comments:
Post a Comment