Friday, April 9, 2010

Nothing Ever Changes

Was having drinks with ex-colleagues 2 nights back and the conversation inevitably edged on work. I realised nothing ever changes with service industry; same shit, different place. I hear the same gripe and complaints I myself make while still working and am ever so thankful that I dun have to go through that again.
At a not-so-tender age of 28, I've gone through enough shit to last me for a while. But then again, it's the shit that I've gone through which made me thank God again and again for what I have now. From time to time I still miss battling in the corporate world. But I'm thankful for the chance to be a stay-at-home mum to take care of Dallen and I think I have done a good job with him thus far, even if I do say so myself. To see him grow from a totally dependent baby to a responsive lil being now is a joy and achievement to myself. Of cos, I have a great partner to journey with me and credit also goes to him in no small measure. I can't wait for Dallen to get much older and start teaching him academically. There's so much I want to share with him and though the responsibility is immensely huge, I know I'll feel very glad that I had a part to play in nurturing him. Someone told me not to be so hopeful cos I told her I hold a lot of hope for Dallen since he is my firstborn and I want him to do well. She said she has the same notion but it turned out that her son wasn't so bright. I think that's bullshit and one reason why her son is not performing academically is cos she did not spend time teaching and nurturing him. Every lil brain started with nothing. It's up to you what and how much you wanna put in there. If you do not take the effort, can you blame your son for not performing? In the first place, he wasn't given enough raw materials. So how can you blame him for the finished product? You really can't fault him if you choose pedicure over guiding him in his schoolwork.
Anyway, parenthood is a huge honour and challenge and I can only pray for great amount of love, wisdom and patience.
Oh yes! I want to share my joy at discovering a budding tooth in Dallen's gum yesterday. We've all seen teeth growing outta gums as a child and at that point in time, there was nothing to yell about. But when you see that lil life coming out of your kid's gum, I tell you! The feeling is just indescribable. It's just a tiny bit nestled in the gum and it makes you feel that it's really struggling to get out and be seen in its full glory. That's how a baby is like too. Just a tiny human form struggling to get on in life till he reaches his full potential and greets the world in all his glory!

No comments: