In this day and age where women are said to be independent, men has certainly evolved and if you ask me, in a bad way. Gone are the days when a man opens the door for a lady and makes sure he lets her walk ahead first. Having said that, it doesn't mean a man must give in to a woman all the time. For example, a man should NEVER carry a woman's handbag for her. There will always be exception but as a general rule, ladies, dun bring a handbag that is too heavy for you to carry around. A handbag is just that, a handbag. It's not meant to be a haversack!
Anyway, it is also difficult to find a man who is totally supportive of his partner. In all my years of living, I have only met one thus far. That is my bro-in-law, Kenneth. I have never heard him contradict my sister in public. Never have I seen him talk to my sis in a condescending manner or make her appear to look like a fool. He is always the supportive one. Even if my sis is wrong and he knows it, I suspect he will talk to her privately and not during a discussion or conversation with a group of friends. At least, I have not seen him do it.
It is indeed difficult to find a man who will be supportive of you no matter what happens. Knowing that you will always be able to count on him and that he will always be on your side and not on the other side of the camp. This kind of partnership is equivalent to a rare gem; so rare, I think, it's becoming extinct.
2 comments:
well.. u did find that kinda quality in your bro-in-law which means its not really extinct as yet? im sure taxidoor is rather supportive gah.. like 80% of the time? the other 20%, that's juz minority wad. ignore and move on k? ;)
I said 'becoming' mah...so it's in the process, not a gone case YET (keyword). Well, the 20% does get to you at times and since I'm a perfectionist, I'd rather have 100%...haha...
Post a Comment