Wednesday, December 26, 2007

And So This Is Christmas

These past few days have been ultra busy. Ever since we came back from HK, it's been day after day of preparing for Christmas. First it's Christmas shopping, then wrapping of pressies, then buying and preparing food for the Christmas dinner that we're having for hubby's frens on Christmas eve. It's really non-stop activities man! So tiring. We haven't had a day of rest since we came back. This year is so different from last year. Last year, hubby and I were feeling bored, having nothing to do. This year, we hardly have time to ourselves.

Hubby and I did our Christmas shopping and there were just so many pressies to wrap and it seems like I will never ever finish the wrapping.


On 23 Dec, hubby and I went to Carrefour for grocery shopping and we ended up preparing food for the dinner till about 2 in the morning. On Christmas eve, we again started preparing for the dinner as soon as we woke up and had breakfast. We did some banking and then went to buy more groceries. I started cooking a batch of oxtail soup the night before and forgot to turn off the slow cooker when we went to sleep. By the time we woke up in the morning, the soup has already dried up and burnt. So we had to get another batch of oxtail and I had to start cooking the soup again. Luckily the soup didn't turn out too bad. At least the burnt smell was masked by the new batch of soup. We didn't have time to scrap off the burnt patches that were stuck to the pot. So we had to make do.

At least everyone enjoyed the dinner and that made our hard work worth it. But hubby had cuts on his leg cos he broke a glass when he was washing it and it dropped on the floor. But luckily there was no shreds of glasses stuck in the wounds.


By about 9 plus at night, everyone already had their fill and were just lingering around chatting with one another. Then we were all thinking of where to go and couldn't think of anywhere cos everywhere would have been crowded, given that it was Christmas eve. So we decided to play mahjong instead. But as we had to go for midnight mass, we couldn't join in. After mass we went back home and joined in the game. It didn't last till about 5 plus in the morning and by the time we slept, it was already 6 plus.

Slept for about 4 - 5 hours then woke up to go for Christmas lunch with Chum and the rest of the gang. We went to Skinny Chum's restaurant and the food was still nice. But Skinny Chum was naughty. She initially didn't want us to pay for the lunch. We insisted and she presented us the bill. But I didn't believe it was so cheap. So I asked Chum to show me the receipt and true enough, the figure has a loophole and is doubtful. Sigh...I dun want us to appear to her mum like we are sponging off her. The lunch was nice. Especially the part where we opened our pressies and I just love the reaction on everyone's faces when they opened the pressies I got them. Chum's reaction was exactly the way I thought it will be. Haha!!! But the pressie that Chum gave me was the one I liked best, besides the one that hubby gave me, of cos. But I shall not say what she got me. It made me wanna laugh and be angry at the same time. Heh...


After lunch I met up with hubby again to have dinner with his family. The dinner wasn't as good as the last time we were there. But we had all the seafood we wanted and went back to his parent's place to give them their pressies. I like the one that his sister got us. She got us perfumes and I like the scent she got. But with this Christmas, I have addition to my already vast supply of perfume. Wonder when I will finish using them.

After lunch with Chum we went back to the office and distributed the pressies for our colleagues. Then we realised that we didn't buy pressies for some of them and went to shop some more. So after the dinner with hubby's family, we went home and I had to continue with wrapping pressies. Half-way through the wrapping, I notice I began to scratch myself and the red alert came on. So I waited a while more and observed my body. True enough, I'm having allergic reaction. I wanted to wait and see if it'll be a minor one and will blow over soon. But the more I wait, the more rashes I have and it doesn't seem like it will subside. So I immediately told hubby to bring me my medicine for itch. Then I realised that it's more serious than I thought and told hubby to give me my rashes medicine. Then we rub cream on the rashes and I was actually looking out for symptoms and was mentally preparing myself to go to hospital. But I didn't wanna let hubby know about this cos I didn't want him to know how serious my condition was and make him worry. I was looking out to see if I was getting breathless and if my heart is palpitating. After a while, the rashes got worse and my ears and neck became warm. I knew this was getting serious. But I still didn't get heart palpitation so I didn't tell hubby about this. After a while, the rashes started to subside and I set my heart at rest. I finished my wrapping and went on to read a book. Before long, I became tired, be it from my medication, the allergy reaction , or the book, I dunno. I decided to go to sleep and this morning when I woke up, the rashes were all gone and there were no traces of them anymore.

Then I met up with Chum and the gang again to have lunch with Bello cos it's her birthday today. Happy Birthday, cutie-pie! Although it was a simple lunch at Sakae Sushi, the company made the lunch nice and pleasant.

Then we went to OSIM cos Chum wanted to get the Upapa for her mum. So we got the Upapa and headed home.

And since hubby and I had nothing to do, I made him wash the car. The last time we washed the car was so long ago that I can't even remember it. So we washed the car and had a simple dinner and finished up the left-over food from the dinner with hubby's friends.

Hopefully the next few days will give us some time to rest and relax. Till my next blog, tata!

No comments: