Sunday, December 30, 2007

CONGRATULATIONS!

Went to attend Leonard and Shimin a.k.a. MJ kakis' wedding just now and I so enjoyed myself and I so like Shimin's gown also. So unique and classy.

It was fun cos of the people I was seated with. Frankie was so bitchy and funny cos the casual labour who was serving our table was sooooooo dumb that we just can't stop ourselves from being bitchy. When I entered the ballroom, I seated myself next to buddy and the casual labour was like "You can't sit here cos this is a muslim table'. I was like wat the f*&k! I know there are special dietary and all that (c'mon! I was doing events!), but a little flexibility should be in place! The hospitality industry is a PEOPLE industry; and when you deal with people, there is no straight formula about it. You just have to act according to the situation! I can't be bothered with her and just placed my butt on the seat that she said I can't have. Can't be bothered with her. Had she insisted that I changed place, I would have gone straight to the Duty Manager to say that I felt intimidated by her and demand that an apology be made. Throughout the whole dinner, we were just making fun of the server and Frankie wasn't giving her an easy time. All of us felt that she cannot make it and the Banquet Manager even had to tell her to wipe the lazy susan after the shark's fin soup. Otherwise, she wouldn't have done that. So much for Pan Pathetic.

Then there was an auntie who got drunk even before the dinner started and sat on the floor and bang on the tables and start making a lot of noise.We were watching her and commenting on her. Haha...


But overall, the dinner was good. Food wasn't too bad and coming from a hotelier, it is really passable to the man-on-the-street. And of cos, what is any wedding dinner without alcohol and photo-taking. Chum even had to 'strip' to get the bride to drink! But I shan't post that picture here cos I know she'll be so mad. LOL!!

Really did enjoy myself at the dinner. It's a good time to get together and have a good time. Leonard was so protective of Shimin and Shimin of him. Sigh... made our lives so difficult. But so loving lah! Congratulations to the both of you!

No comments: