Day 1
Reached Hong Kong in the early afternoon and the weather was quite ok. It wasn't as cold as I thot. But we had to wait for the remaining people who arranged their tour through mindef and that took up some time.
By the time we reached the hotel, it was early evening. Then we realised that the whole group of them is staying at the same Panda Hotel. That got me uncomfortable. Dun ask me why cos I dunno. I just didn't like the idea. So we checked in & were given a twin room. As the hotel was full, there wasn't a king room for us to change to. So we made do with the twin room by combining the two beds together. The hotel is average & the previous one we stayed in is better. This one is just passable.
Just to side-track a little. There was this couple we saw at the airport in SG and I'm just wondering wat their relationship is. The gal is exactly the kinda person that I'll NVR be frens with cos she's so shallow. The entire time she was just talking about shopping and that her main objective in going to Hong Kong was to get a pair of sunglasses and that she hopes hk wouldn't disappoint her. -faint-
The guy was just listening to her quietly and was a little shy and came across as someone who lacks confidence. Dunno why but he was just so cordial. And the thing is, he was using the gal's mum's luggage. And when I say luggage, I mean LUGGAGE! It's the big, hard type that u bring to Europe when u're gonna be there for a month. Perhaps suitcase will be a better word to use. I dun understand why 2 persons need to bring 2 of that on top of 2 hand luggages. Are they migrating there or wat?! Anyway, the gal was wearing some ugly, pink track suit & it was so bad that even hubby (who isn't the kpo type) noticed and remembered her. So back to the relationship. The guy gave ppl the kinda feeling tat he was going after the gal and is just being shy and coy. And the gal was just being clueless abt it. Hubby and I were just discussing about their relationship over dim sum breakfast on day 2 & I thot I'll blog it down.
K, back to the trip. We went out to Tsim Sha Tsui after we deposited our bags and hit the night markets. The whole night was just eating & shopping & eating & shopping. The first thing we ate was the very thing that I come to hk to eat: fried pig's intestines (za da chang) & pig's blood (zhu hong). It's just so delicious & I dun understand why SG dun hv such simple delicacies. Then we walked ard the night market & chance upon smelly tofu (chou tofu). So we ate tt too.
Then we continued our journey ard the night markets & saw the same auntie who sold the hp slings to us the last time we were in hk. But this time round we decided to give it a miss. Then we went to hv dinner at one of the roadside stalls (dai pai tong). Nothing special abt the dishes & I must say they're quite ex. After tt we decided to go back to the hotel but not without first going thru a lot of unnecessary distance cos we got lost. Sigh...Day 2
Went for tim sum breakfast & as mentioned, hubby & I spoke abt the couple with the questionable relationship. Dim sum was nice, especially the steamed rice with pork ribs & chicken feet. Almost every table ordered that dish & I must say the popularity is well-deserved. It reminded us of the instant food we bought from 7-Eleven the last time we were in hk and we had tt for dinner in our room while watching the final match of World Cup 2006. Tat shows what interesting and delicious instant meals hk have. Something that SG can improve on. After breakfast, we went to Macau and the whole place was packed with Mainland Chinese. Getting through custom took us a while. Pity I can't take any photos. There were just soooooo many ppl!!!
So we got pass custom and was wondering how we should start our tour when this trishaw-rider came up to us and offered us some deals. We took up one that will take us to the town area and instantly felt like a tourist. Well, that's what we are but it felt funny. It's like we became one of those ang mohs that we see riding trishaw back home.
But this guy is not bad. As we went along, he took the trouble to point out certain things to us and offered to stop and take photos for us. I was expecting the ride to be one of those that will start and not stop till we reached our destination.
Macau is really a casino city. There's basically nothing much except casinos, casinos and casinos. We went to the Ruins of St. Paul's which is like THE place to go if you ever visit Macau. So we did that and again went through the throng of ppl before we reached the place.
There isn't much to do at Macau if you're not there to gamble. The place is just so filled with casinos and any other destinations pales in comparisons. Took some photos of the various casinos but I'm just too lazy to upload all of them. Saw the Venetians but am not too impressed by it.

Can't really find any Portuguese restaurant and we ended up having a late lunch at Fisherman's Wharf, which wasn't half bad.
And since Fisherman's Wharf is connected to Tang City, we went and took a look. Nothing much to see there cos the place was shut off and so we just took some photos outside.Then we went back to the main island of HK and since we are already at HK Island, we went to the peak. Nothing much there except that the shopping mall that they were building the last time we were there is now completed. But other than that, there's nothing much to see or do there. We went for dinner and walked into a fine-dining restaurant. We wanted to have a simple meal cos we had late lunch and wasn't really hungry. But this restaurant was 'hidden' behind another door and once we pushed open the door, the whole area there belongs to the restaurant and the hostess came up to us and asked if we wanted a table for 2. We were caught off-guard and before we knew it, we were seated at a corner of the restaurant (cos we didn't have any reservation) and the menu staring at us. So we had a good meal instead of a simple one and that cost us more than HK$1k.


3 comments:
chums! welcome home! i missed ya so muchieeeee... hmms seems like u didnt quite enjoy ur hkg trip. i think u shld bring me along next time if u go to hkg. i think im quite smart when it comes to ordering food and i dont quite get cheated? *lol*
Hello darling!! Real glad that u're back.. missed u loads!!!!!! Dun worry, k? i will definitely ADORE N LOVE the pressie u bought for me.. :) Erhmm.. although i can't speak cantonese for nuts, bring me along too, k? :) haha..
yo girl! oh no, ur trip sounds like a huge disaster. Esp the flight back home! I really can't imagine having to keep turning back or seating forward just to communicate with ur travelling partner for the entire 4 hours journey! I'd die man!
Aiyo, it was not long ago since u last went Hong Kong, so naturally u'd be bored. But did u guys go to Kowloon?
Anyways, good to have you back! See ya tmr! =)
Post a Comment