Saturday, May 1, 2010

Jogja! Home For The Next 4 Years

So here we are, finally! The day started in a less-than-desirable manner. Luggage couldn't get checked in, the lil one's air tix was void, had to run to the gate and collect all our luggages during transit only to check them in again! But, thank God for small favours. Both the flight to Jakarta and the subsequent connecting flight weren't full and we had an extra seat for the lil one. Both hubs and I are tired..superbly tired. Wat with days of packing and then the fiasco at the airport. Shagged out! Having said all that, the day wasn't all that bad. The flight was good; the connecting flight was on time and we didn't have to wait long and the lil one didn't fuss much even though he was tired too. The transport we arranged was there to meet and greet us and the apartment, though could have been better, turns out to be livable. What I like about it is the ample space for the lil one to roam about in his walker so he can improve his motor skills. We didn't have the luxury of space back home. So far so good. I'm keeping my fingers, toes, eyes, whatever, crossed that we can find a suitable place to rent very quickly. Can't wait to unpack and settle down. Dun wanna have to pack and shift and what-nots. Physically and mentally shagged. Holding a very tight rein on the temper which flares easily when I'm tired. Photos soon, I promise. Tonight is not the night. Too tired. And still coming to terms with very slow internet connection which we are tapping from the lobby of the apartment. It's free. No complaints! Toodles!

2 comments:

ah fun said...

chums.. im sorry i missed calling u to bid u goodbye. was stuck at the silly camp and it was soooo draining.. mentally and physically having to care for 30+ kids. im glad u got there safely and keeping my everything crossed for u that u find a nice permanent place of ur own soon. keep in touch ok and cya in aug (wad dates will u back again?) m already lookin forward to it!

Anonymous said...

hey hey! I'm so thankful you guys are safe. I was thinking about the 7 lugguage all along and was asking myself if you guys could manage.
More good things will come. Be positive!!!