Monday, May 17, 2010

A Short Weekend Getaway

Thursday was Ascension Thursday and a PH in Indonesia. So hubs rearranged his Fri classes such that he had no classes on Fri and off we went for a weekend getaway to Bali. Conrad was fully booked and so we stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel instead. Turns out, Hard Rock is more suitable for children than Conrad and the service was excellent. Maybe cos we had an extremely adorable baby in tow (and I'm damn proud of that fact. :p). Everywhere we went, people offered to babysit for us and some even wanted to take photos of him. We were having dinner at the cafe in the hotel and seeing that we're feeding the lil one plain bread, one of the server took the initiative and got the chef to prepare mashed potato for him - on the house. It's nothing fancy, but a kind gesture goes a long way. So I offered to look out for job opportunities in Singapore for him. Turns out, he was doing some OJT in SG before and was supposed to work there. But he was conferred the MBA status and the whole arrangement didn't work out. By the way, MBA means 'Married By Accident'. Yup, he knocked his then girlfriend up and they now have a 2-year-old son. Nonetheless, I told him I'll keep a lookout for him and leave it up to him to see if he wanna take up the opportunity.

We were in Bali for 3 days and the only day I truly enjoyed myself was the second day which we spent at the pool. We rented a cabana for one day and spent almost the whole day there. Travelling with a baby is definitely different and by the end of the trip, hubs and I were so exhausted. When we went to Bali in 2008, it was so relaxing and enjoyable. This time round, we can't even suntan properly. Oh well, the joys and pains of parenting.

I'll try to upload pics of the trip in FB and there'll be more narratives there. Lemme go find a nice cafe for dinner so I can make use of the faster internet connection to upload the photos.
We just arrived at Hard Rock and I was feeling super damn grouchy. Refused to take any photos and insisted on taking for father and son instead.

He obviously didn't like his first taste of beer.
The beer soon takes effect.

The girls at the reception who couldn't resist the lil one.

Our room at Hard Rock Hotel. I super heart the day-bed.

Venue for our very Cheena lunch.

Raring to go...but not before daddy applies some sunblock to block out the UV rays.

The super haughty but oh-so-handsome look.

Look at those windows to his soul.

The lil one having a ball of a time at the pool.

See his 理所当然 look. He knows we'll never let him fall.

Somehow I look pregnant in this pic; like well into my third trimester.

One more for the road.

No comments: