Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Jamie's Recipe: Crunchy Garlic Chicken

Inspired by sis, I started looking for new recipes to try out instead of subjecting the hubs and the lil one to the same boring food all the time. So tonight, I made Crunchy Garlic Chicken for dinner and it was a huge success - for a first try. I could do with more crumbs and added more garlic to enhance the taste. Nevertheless, good try and both boys enjoyed it. I'm glad. :)

Ingredients:
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 lemon
- 6 saltine crackers
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Parsley
- Salt & black pepper
- 2 heaped tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 skinless chicken breast
- Olive oil

Method:
- Peel the garlic and zest the lemon
- Put crackers into a food processor with butter, garlic, parsley, lemon zest & a pinch of salt and pepper
- Whiz until the mixture is very fine, then pour these crumbs unto a plate
- Sprinkle the flour onto a second plate
- Crack the egg into a small bowl and beat with a fork
- Flatten the chicken & dip into the flour until both sides are completely coated, then dip into the egg & finally into the flavoured crumbs.
- Push the crumbs onto the chicken breasts so they stick
- Deep-fry till golden brown

Easy enough to make right? And by the way, when I say Jamie, I obviously meant Jamie Oliver. :)

No comments: