This is all very random. As I sat on the couch reading (during this precious interlude when the baby is napping and I'm all by myself and have the luxury of time to read), I was suddenly reminded of how much I really love to read. There's nowhere in this world that can bring me as much comfort as a library or bookshop; not even the church or my home. I step into one and instantly feel at ease, being caressed by so many books. It's hard to explain exactly wat is taking place. I love being surrounded by books and almost always panicked when I run out of them to read. I MUST have books around me or I'll feel so lost. I bring a book with me every time I travel. I can't even stay in a hotel for one night without a book. It's just ONE night, you'll tell me. But it's important to me. It's like the drug every junkie craved and the withdrawal symptom of feeling lost sets in when I need a fix and dun have one at hand. As the old adage goes: To stop reading is to commit murder of the mind. I couldn't agree more!
No comments:
Post a Comment