Saturday, March 22, 2014

Bookworm Talk: Miraculous Soups

I'm usually not one to buy recipe books. Over the years, I've learned that I bought and shelf them, hardly ever referring to them at all. And, of course, the internet is loaded with recipes from all over the world! 

But we were buying books for the boys when I chance upon this book and since I prepare soups for the family regularly, I took a look. 


The first page I saw said the recipe is good for cough. I got interested, since my boys cough (almost) throughout the year. I flipped somemore and there's a whole section for children and the best part is, the author explained which herbs are used for what. Additionally, the book is written in 2 languages. So if I'm not sure about the names of herbs in English, I can refer to the Mandarin part. But in its totality, I depend on the English section to get me through. I'm sold. 


I grabbed the book, bought it, and have been going through it religiously every weekend in preparation for the following week's brew. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to do food tasting!!! ;) Ahem...